- YIELD: 8 cups (serving size: 1/2 cup)
- COURSE: Desserts, Ice Cream/Sherbet
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 5 cups quartered strawberries (about 4 pints)
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- Combine sugar and water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Pour into a large bowl; cool completely.
- Place strawberries in a blender, and process until smooth. Add strawberry purée and buttermilk to sugar syrup; stir to combine.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.