|1 3/4||cups Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® butter recipe yellow cake mix (from 18.25-oz box)|
|1/4||cup butter or margarine, softened|
|1/2||teaspoon almond extract|
Filling and Topping
|8||oz white chocolate baking bars or squares, chopped|
|2||tablespoons butter, cut into pieces, softened|
|2/3||cup whipping cream|
|2||cups fresh whole strawberries, thinly sliced|
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Generously spray bottom and side of 8- or 9-inch round cake pan with baking spray with flour.
- 2 In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, 1/4 cup butter, the almond extract and egg with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- 3 Bake as directed on box for 8- or 9-inch rounds. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 4 Meanwhile, place white chocolate and 2 tablespoons butter in medium metal bowl. In 1-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream over medium heat just to boiling. Immediately, pour hot cream over white chocolate and butter. Let stand about 5 minutes, or until mixture is melted and smooth when stirred. Cool 1 hour or until room temperature.
- 5 Beat cooled white chocolate mixture on high speed until fluffy.
- 6 Cut cake horizontally in half, using long, sharp knife. On serving plate, place 1 layer, cut side up. Spread with 1/2 of the filling; top with 1/2 of the strawberries. Add remaining cake layer, cut side down. Spread remaining filling over top of cake; top with remaining strawberries. Store covered in refrigerator.