1 Hr 30 Min
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Prepare pastry for two crust pies. Pick over and wash blueberries.
- Combine sugar, flour, tapioca, spices, and salt; stir into blueberries. Add lemon juice and rind, and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Mix well, and turn into pastry lined 9 inch pie plate. Dot with small pieces of butter or margarine. Cover with top crust.
- Place pie on lowest rack in preheated oven. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake for 30 minutes longer. Serve warm or cold.